St Woolos Hospital Newport,silver Nurses Badge St Woolos Hospital Newport,silver Nurses Badge St Woolos Hospital Newport,silver Nurses Badge

St Woolos Hospital Newport,silver Nurses Badge

A silver and enamel nurses badge from St Woolos Hospital in Wales. Originally the workhouse Infirmary for Newport, it served as a military hospital during WW1 and was renamed Wooloston hospital in 1930 and St Woolos in 1948 upon joining the NHS.This badge takes the form of a shield with a central red Geneva cross on which a lamp of learning is imposed. At the top right quarter is a plume of Prince of Wales feathers.To the bottom is a blue ribbon bearing St Woolos Hospital.Condition is very good with no enamel damage, pin clasp and safety catch all good.Numbered to rear 34. Hallmarked for TAE & Co Birmingham Height 33mm

Code: 53553

60.00 GBP